2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

Aloha Friends!!!

Aloha and Mahalo for visiting my blog! I started this blog as I began training for the 2010 Honolulu Marathon.. I have now met that goal!!! Thank you for taking this journey with me! 2 Timothy 4:7 "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith".

Saturday, June 26, 2010

June 26, 2009

Today marks one year since my husband Skip was welcomed into the gates of heaven. The only way I can truly understand that a year has passed is by breaking down each month that has passed and remembering all that has happened. In my heart...it feels as if only moments have gone by since I looked into his handsome face and saw the twinkle in his gorgeous dreamy eyes, or returned his crooked smile.

As Katie and I have been spending precious time with Skip's family in California, gathering together for this marking of time, we all have been lavishing each other with love, comfort and prayers. Today however....Katie and I will take time for the two of us. We will spend today driving up the Pacific Coast Highway and being near the ocean that Skip surfed in as a young boy. The ocean has so many soothing and comforting effects. Not only does it represent Skip's passion of surfing, but it forever reminds us how BIG our God is! His plans included this day one year ago....a day that Skip was enjoying God's creation and the awesome waves he loved to surf. The Lord's plans also include our today....and I am trusting as He reveals to us how this day will unfold...we will see Him in His vast creation of blue surf, white wash, and golden sand. I can't help but think of the verse Psalm 139:17-18a, "How precious are your thoughts for me oh God, if I should count them, they would outnumber the sand!" This verse comforts me today.....giving me fresh hope and a reminder of how our Father loves us so! His best can take our breath away, confuse us, anger us, break us....but when we see thru His eyes, His best is better than life!

I have been writing this past year and truly feel it is His call for me, His way of allowing me to be obedient and share Him with others...I am following Him with a passion He kindles in me. If you think of me today, if thoughts of precious Katie come to your mind....please pray that as we follow Him and serve Him, that He will be all you see when you look at us....pray that He is bigger in us than ourselves.

Skip is where we all yearn to be....he is surfing in perfect waves that are never ending...he is worshiping at the right hand of our Father....Skip....is home.

My dearest Skip, thank you for teaching me so much in 23yrs. All that you taught me ables me to stand today without you by my side. You will forever be in my heart and my life is better, fuller, richer for loving you...and being lavished in your love!

Katie and I will drive down PCH today and marvel at the beauty of the ocean that holds so many memories....memories of yesterday....and amazing ones to come!

"Lord I'm amazed by You..and how you love me".

Gotta Run!

1 comment:

  1. Your Skip must be so proud of you and your daughter as you move forward trusting the Lord with a life you surely didn't anticipate. Thank you for being a beacon of light for others of us following a few months behind in our own journeys.

    ReplyDelete