2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

Aloha Friends!!!

Aloha and Mahalo for visiting my blog! I started this blog as I began training for the 2010 Honolulu Marathon.. I have now met that goal!!! Thank you for taking this journey with me! 2 Timothy 4:7 "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith".

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summer

We are on the verge of traveling to California for the summer. We have a summer full of exciting plans, time with friends and family, and also some rich individual time with the Lord. Katie will actually be attending a youth Christian camp that I attended when I was her age. To imagine her there, being where I was at her age and making her own special memories at such a special place...seems like watching something come full circle. A circle that was and is being drawn by our Heavenly Father. The glimpses He gives us of His master plan is both humbling and breathtaking.

My running has continued to improve, and I am so excited to report that on Friday, our long run day, I actually RAN over 5 and a half miles!!! That is to date my longest run without stopping!! It felt amazing!

While we are on vacation, my constant prayer will be that I discipline myself to continue to run daily...even without Carol by my side! This is a huge weakness of mine, so your prayers added to mine would be much appreciated! I am going to look into seeing if there are any 5k's or 10k's in the area we will be staying in just so I can keep my focus on training.

Although my life looks nothing like it did less than a year ago....I am continually learning that our Lord knew long ago what I am only discovering daily.....His purpose will be fulfilled and His plans for all of us will be revealed in His timing.

As I get ready to call it a day, and settle in for the night....I can't help but to stop....be still....close my eyes...and say, "Lord, thank you for loving me, being bigger than what appears overwhelming...and for knowing how the journey will end, before it ever began...that knowledge is my strength, thank you..thank you...thank you!"

Gotta Run!

No comments:

Post a Comment