2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

Aloha Friends!!!

Aloha and Mahalo for visiting my blog! I started this blog as I began training for the 2010 Honolulu Marathon.. I have now met that goal!!! Thank you for taking this journey with me! 2 Timothy 4:7 "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith".

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Pressing on with His purpose.....

I have done something every day for the past 8 months and 16 days....When I wake and my eyes open, when I realize that I have been given another day...I close them again. I close them and speak to the Lord, these words.. "You have given me another day, please let it be lived for You..let me be about Your purpose, let me live it for you, and when You will...take me home".

I say this not to be morbid, not even to evoke sympathy...it is said with a heart that truly doesn't want to waste a moment, I truly desire to live out the purpose He has chosen for me. Running, training...I know may seem silly, but to me, it is clearly a part of my purpose for this season. Another purpose that has become clear that the Lord has revealed for me is sharing my heart with others..whether by blogging, writing, or speaking...it is a part of my purpose and I want to be about it in any way He leads. This wednesday I will be speaking to the college girls at the Bible College at Calvary Chapel Kihei. I pray His words will come out of me and what He has put on my heart to share with them will point them to Him. My love for the Lord and the life experiences He walks me thru will be what I share...I pray wednesday will glorify Him and touch young hearts.

This past saturday I walked/jogged a 5k with my daughter Katie and my cousin Cambria. The plan was to do a 10k....but as we pressed into the run it became obvious that Katie was getting winded and her endurance was not quite ready to do the 10k. I told her we would finish the 5k together and call it good. She said she felt bad for holding me back and wanted me to go on without her...with so much love in my heart for her attempt, that was not gonna happen! We finished together and it was a moment I will cherish. Katie said my improvement amazed her and she was very proud of me....what a gift! The sweetness of her words renewed my drive to press on and continue on living out His purpose. It's amazing how sincere praise, unexpected encouragement, words of love....spur us on!

This morning when I woke up and closed my eyes to say my morning prayer, asking the Lord to let me live His purpose, I thought of Katie and included...."Lord, let me shower Your love on those You have given me today, let my daughter see You in me...and when You will...take us home".

Gotta Run!

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Kimmy,
    It's not going to be long at all...and all of us will be with the Lord. Some of us just have a firmer eye for it. It's truly, truly sad...those who hang on to this world and make this their only treasure! May He continue using you greatly to bring others to a place where they too can be with the Lord on that day.
    Thank you for sharing the things that encourage us.
    Congrats to you guys on FINISHING! And, we'll pray with you for God to use your words to the max on Wed. evening!
    Love you,
    R&B

    ReplyDelete