2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

Aloha Friends!!!

Aloha and Mahalo for visiting my blog! I started this blog as I began training for the 2010 Honolulu Marathon.. I have now met that goal!!! Thank you for taking this journey with me! 2 Timothy 4:7 "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith".

Monday, March 8, 2010

Singing in the rain......NOT!!!

Katie and I are settling into our home, taking things slowly and enjoying our view. We are so grateful for our time together, spending our evenings snuggled in and our weekends enjoying a matinee or lunch together somewhere. I am blessed by our friendship and continue to pray that as we walk our journey together, the Lord strengthens our bond as mother and daughter. I am looking forward to her upcoming spring break so we can go to the beach or take a drive around the island. These moments are treasures to both of us and I am truly thankful for them. Thank you Lord, Your healing touch is felt by both of us.

There is a 10k this Saturday that Carol and I will be walking/jogging with my cousins Greg and Cam, even Katie said she would do it with us. Carol and her husband Mark may run it and meet us at the Finish. I keep telling myself that I will get better with running, but boy, it kicks my butt!!! :)

Carol and I went jogging today and I am only able to run a few minutes at a time, and then I walk for a few minutes and run again. How humbled I am when I am faced with my inability to run at this point! Carol assures me I will get better and to not let myself get discouraged, but today was challenging! Once again we were in the rain and I apparently made the mistake and ate a banana and orange about 20 minutes before we took off. As we ran, I thought I was gonna upchuck the nutritious breakfast right on the side of the road. As I pressed on, my breathing is labored and I am feeling a pain in my side and I am just trying to catch my breath for the next few seconds before Carol announces it's time to run again. As the rain keeps coming down and we are going uphill, and my banana is working it's way up my throat....I for the first time......truly, want to physically hurt Carol!!!! Ugh!!!! As I am panting and wiping the rain from my face, she is chatting about her weekend and the fact that I need to push thru the pain......seriously!? Now, as I begin to run again, I am wondering if I could projectile my breakfast on Carol who is running in front of me! :) I love her! I do!!! But at that moment, I was seriously close to using some cuss words I haven't used since the last time Skip and I had a knock out drag out!!! :)haha!! God Bless her, she pushes me when I feel like I can't take another step.....but everything inside of me won't let me quit, and I am truly blessed by her.....just not this morning! As we turn and head back towards home, she tells me that it would be a good idea if I start to lift weights with her 2 days a week to build my strength....she admits her timing sucks because I am rosy cheeked and completely too exhausted to think about adding more to my plate! As we walk to cool down and get closer to home, I notice my breathing returns to normal and it seems my breakfast has decided to stay down. I must recognize that I have recovered from the panting and pain I was experiencing just minutes before. Carol again reassures me that the good thing about running is that I will only get better with time.. I can welcome her encouragement now and smile and give her a big hug before we part ways. Although she has no idea how much I wanted to strangle her moments before.....I know she gets it, and she gets me, thank God! I was definitely NOT singing in the rain....but there's always tomorrow!

Gotta Run!

3 comments:

  1. Rain? Don't talk about rain! You don't have rain!...you have scattered showers...maybe! Today in Sunny-Portland it rained so cold we got snow for a few minutes. Oh well, guess I don't have to tell you; you put your time in around here already! We love hearing your experiences as you persevere, and I'm sitting here thinking that the fact you kept the orga-banada (altered version of pina-colada)down is more amazing than had you run the entire distance. So there, there's your miracle if you need one! Seriously though, it's amazing you kept it down...and what a lesson to note. I get ill from that combo on an empty stomach, with LITTLE exertion.
    It made me smile when you mentioned doing the race with Greg and Cam, they are so awesome, and beautiful family! We praise God for them. And then, for Katie to join you too...how awesome! And remember, if it rains the entire day of the race (like that's gonna happen!) you'll still have to feel sorry for your webbed-footed-norwester-friends!
    Lovingly cheering you on (can you hear us?)!
    Robbie-Rob and Becky-Boo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimmy! You are truly amazing -- I still can't believe you are now entering a 10K...but on top of that, eating a banana AND orange! So glad you are eating healthy and kicking butt!

    hugs & smoochies,
    aunty patty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimmy you CRACK ME UP GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!! I ALWAYS love reading your blog....I cry, I laugh, I cry again...you get the picture sweet thang! ;) I LOVE your realness about how you are feeling in the moment..I love your honesty! I LOVE YOU!!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete