2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

Aloha Friends!!!

Aloha and Mahalo for visiting my blog! I started this blog as I began training for the 2010 Honolulu Marathon.. I have now met that goal!!! Thank you for taking this journey with me! 2 Timothy 4:7 "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith".

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Just do it!

Katie and I flew to Colorado to celebrate my Sister-in-law and niece's weddings. One of them was celebrated on Skip's birthday. To feel so many emotions deeply as I watched and rejoiced as the precious couple shared their vows and began their married life together was overwhelming. I sat there and held my Father-in-laws hand as tears streamed down my face....tears of joy that mixed with tears of longing for what is not mine anymore. This beautiful man I watched grow from a young cocky 23yr old turned 46.......will forever be 45 to me. As I press into each day and strive to live that day to the fullest, I will always remember my best friend the way he last was....he will not age in my memory.....he will not have grey hair, just salt & pepper around the sides and behind his ears...He will forever be 45.

This weekend we had a Tsunami warning and we needed to evacuate from our home that sits less than 2 blocks from the ocean. As I gathered important papers, passports, medical kits....Katie gathered treasures that were of pictures of our family, of memories she wanted with her....we had no idea what to expect to come home to, we were basically working on auto pilot. When we were able to come home and be thankful that the Tsunami was a non-event for Hawaii, I took a moment as I was putting our things back. All that I chose to gather, were things that Skip would have gathered......things Katie chose, were things my heart would have led me to take as well. This man that will always be 45yrs old, continues to speak to me, guiding me, into this new life of responsibility and concern for our daughter. Not that I was not the person I am now...but who I was allowed to be and who I am called to be are very different indeed.

Lord, I am so thankful the Tsunami was a Shmunami......much ado about nothing....thank you. Just as you calmed the sea and chose to redirect the waves....I trust in you to calm my heart and still my tears.....when You choose. In the meantime, thank you for wiping my tears and catching me when I fall.

It seems that.. "when we NEED to do.....we do". When we have others in our lives to do....we let them. I am now, THE do-er, I am doing, I am getting things done. :)

This week Carol has decided to step up my training and focus on jogging....my weakness! I seem to have mastered the art of walking.....now to focus on jogging. Carol says "go"...and I go, and my heart beats fast, my breathing is labored and her stopwatch seems to have stopped working! 3 minutes, 5 minutes...have never gone by soooo slowly in my life! I am convinced she is lying when she says, "It's only been 2minutes.....keep going". Still...I do, I keep going. My body aches and I have sweat dripping from my eyebrows and I am aware that I am at the beginning of my journey, yet...I AM DOING IT!

Gotta Run!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE you soooooo BIG!!!!! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lord is my Shepherd, I will not want. He leads me and comforts me, and though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for You are with me; Your rod and staff comfort me.

    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
    Wait for the LORD; Be strong and let your heart take courage: Yes, wait for the LORD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you too beautiful Lori! You shower all who know you with sweet kisses from the Lord, and I am blessed to know you!

    Robby Rob! My brother whom I cherish and miss. Thank you for loving our Father so much that it flows out of you onto me. Thank you for knowing and loving me so well that you take time to reach across the ocean to encourage me. And lastly, thank you for loving our friend all the way to heaven!!! xo

    ReplyDelete