2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

Aloha Friends!!!

Aloha and Mahalo for visiting my blog! I started this blog as I began training for the 2010 Honolulu Marathon.. I have now met that goal!!! Thank you for taking this journey with me! 2 Timothy 4:7 "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith".

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Breaking thru limits

As I progress with my training, my walks and jogs are getting longer. I find myself facing the longer runs and walks with mixed emotions....a part of me feels nervous and scared about adding miles because I know my limits....yet another part of me is truly excited by the progress. Left on my own, I would have had the dream of running a marathon, but no real understanding of how to accomplish it. I am truly thankful for my good friend and trainer, Carol.....she has helped me to go beyond my limits...when I think I can't continue....she is right there to push me thru and help me tap into the remaining strength still left in me. At the end of the day, I am able to look back on what we accomplished, and I marvel at the fact that in 5 weeks I have gone from walking 4 times around my backyard reservoir...to walk/jogging 6.5 miles in less than 90 minutes. Not focusing on so much 90 minutes...but the miles. Thank you Lord, for the desire You planted in me regarding this goal, but also for providing me with someone to help me achieve it.

Being in our new home, we feel peace. Walking/jogging and preparing for the 8.6 mile run on Oahu on 2/15/10 brings me a sense of rightness as I seek Him and His will. Being in church tonight and being asked if I would share with the college girls in March my testimony and my heart for them shows me that Your plan is being revealed in so many areas.....the common thread is obedience....we are called to obey, and then simply watch as You reveal Yourself in us. Father, thank you for being ENOUGH. My eyes still fill with tears...my heart still aches...but just as I told Katie on the way home tonight...Satan has to ask the Lord for permission to sift us, just like Job..and just like Job...the Lord counted the cost of our pain in our loss before it ever became our reality. The fact that we hurt..along with the fact that we still seek Him and hunger for our church fellowship...is His glory.

Gotta Run!

2 comments:

  1. **crying & chicken skin**...... I am truly so proud of you and all that you are doing, reaching for, accomplishing and how you are allowing God to use you, refine you, grow you and use your testimony to encourage others! You are such an encouragement and inspiration! Over and over I can't stop saying what a blessing it is to have you and Katie in our lives! I love you MUCH dear sister! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimmy-Kim-Kim,
    We praise God with you for the way He's blessing you, providing for you and giving you strength! Excited to see how the weekend goes and pray for a great time for you in Oahu. Wishing we could be there too! Missing Skip too! Keep pushing through...all this is going to pass quickly and we'll all be reunited!!!
    Romans 8:28
    love,
    robbie-rob

    ReplyDelete