2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

Aloha Friends!!!

Aloha and Mahalo for visiting my blog! I started this blog as I began training for the 2010 Honolulu Marathon.. I have now met that goal!!! Thank you for taking this journey with me! 2 Timothy 4:7 "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith".

Thursday, December 2, 2010

10 days until the Marathon!!!

As the countdown continues it seems the days are flying by with amazing speed! Taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly, I am faced with this simple truth...I'm scared! :) Not, "I can't do this" scared... more like a, "Wow, I'm about to DO THIS!"..scared. The time that has been devoted to training, the waking up early to run before the day gets too hot, the culmination of months of preparing..has come down to a countdown that I can see by counting all my fingers!! 10 days!

My mind swirls with countless memories of runs that we took early on in my training that had me dry heaving on the beach, or fighting personal battles in my head as my body and mind were screaming to quit..yet I found myself continuing, digging deeper.

What an amazing gift the Lord has given to me! To learn that I am stronger than I knew, to realize that my limits are self-imposed and not at all born from fact. This gift of insight, no matter what age we are given it, is meant to be treasured and utilized from this point on. Regardless if I run another mile after the Marathon, I will forever have the knowledge that with Him...I CAN. Believing and Living it out are two very different things.

Skip's mom and his niece have flown in from the mainland to share in the moment when I cross the Finish Line...to be given such a sweet gift of encouragement is overwhelming. The reality of the moment I have been anticipating is washing over me.. 10 days!!!

We will run 6 miles tomorrow, cutting back our distance runs and focusing on staying active but not over doing it.

It's official....my race number is #9782!!!!!

Gotta Run!

1 comment:

  1. We are so excited for you Kimmie! Keep your head up and soak it all in. Cherish every mile. Endurance running is not about being fast, it's about who can suffer more. I pray you feel His joy with every stride and learn great and wonderful truths about yourself and about our Lord as you run. Can't wait to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete