2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

Aloha Friends!!!

Aloha and Mahalo for visiting my blog! I started this blog as I began training for the 2010 Honolulu Marathon.. I have now met that goal!!! Thank you for taking this journey with me! 2 Timothy 4:7 "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith".

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

5 days!!!

Carol and I went for our 3 mile run today and we both commented on our thoughts of "what are we gonna do after the big race"?? We know we will continue to build our friendship, but it will be the beginning of new things for both of us.

We serve such an amazing Lord and Father!!! I still marvel at how He blessed me with such a dear sister who had the strengths and gifts that would speak into my life just when I needed them!!

It is a continual reminder that our Father gives us "enough" manna for the day we are in. We don't get an extra dose, a supply to store up for later...we get "enough" for today. He provided Carol in the form of my manna..I needed a trainer, I needed a tangible plan to reach my goal..Carol was my manna. Come Monday, when I wake up after the Marathon..He will show me the next steps I am to take..and I trust He will provide my manna. :) Why wouldn't I? He has met me in all my needs...always giving me "enough". Although I have screamed, shouted, begged, prayed and cried for MORE..He has met me in my need...and given me enough.

Last night I had an interesting conversation with my 16yr old daughter, Katie. I had to limit her on something that she would have rather I not. My words were confusing, difficult for her to understand. Her initial response to me was that she felt I was holding her back, not letting her grow up. Boy, those words never get easier to hear. I lovingly told her, "Babe, it IS hard for me to watch my little girl grow up...but that is not what my limits are about. Your innocence is for me to protect, and I will forever do just that". She took time to think about my words, and when we went to bed, she said, "Mom, I know you are right, it's hard even when I know you are right..but I love you and accept your decision". There was no long hug, there was no kisses and sweet nose rubs..her words were...just "enough".

Today I got a text from her with "xoxox"...Thank you Lord! Sometimes as parents, we want MORE...but we GET enough! :)

Gotta Run!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment