2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

Aloha Friends!!!

Aloha and Mahalo for visiting my blog! I started this blog as I began training for the 2010 Honolulu Marathon.. I have now met that goal!!! Thank you for taking this journey with me! 2 Timothy 4:7 "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith".

Friday, December 3, 2010

9 days!!!!

We ran 6 miles this morning and it always amazes me how we mentally prepare our bodies for the goal of the day. Six didn't feel like 20 miles, but it left me breathing hard regardless. Today's run was my last distance one until race day. I will run 2-3 miles daily next week and rest Friday and Saturday before the big day. I notice that my thoughts continue to drift to the "big day" as I press on into the day I am in...it never is far from my thoughts and prayers. I know that I will have ALOT of time during the Marathon to think..but I know that my thoughts will touch upon crossing the Finish line and wishing I could fall into Skip's arms. It's not a thought that leaves me heavy feeling, but it is one that presses on my heart. To look into his eyes and have him wrap me in his arms, possibly carry me to a shady spot under a tree as he whispers over and over how proud he is of me. :) I know I will hear him that day! I like to imagine Skip at the right hand of our Father as they both look down on me and Skip saying, "Lord, can you believe her? I have tried to get her to exercise for YEARS!!!!..Now look at her go!" I see them both smiling and shaking their heads. :)

Today is a good day. I got my scan results back from my Dr and all looks good. My scans show that the cancer has not spread and remains in both of my lungs. I have a cough that has been persistent and he has prescribed additional medicine for me in hopes that it will sooth my cough in a months' time. If not, I will go back and do a Pet Scan. Bottom line, I am doing well and my body continues to respond to the medicine. Although there has been no shrinking...there has been no growth or spreading! This is praise and I am blessed.

My friends, to be writing about my health, about the upcoming Marathon, about my love for my husband who I miss dearly everyday....to have this outlet is a source of strength for me. Thank you for the sweet encouragement, the "you go girls" and the comments that let me know you are with me as I press on.

Continuing the countdown....knowing it's close...praying always that He will guide me into the next moments ahead.

Gotta Run!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kimmy.. I met you at Dawn & Alan's wedding and have been following your blog. You are amazing! You view this outlet as a source of strength for you, but you can't realize how your words lift me you, give me strength and increase my faith... You go girl... there's a whole bunch of us out here cheering you on! With love, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete