2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

Aloha Friends!!!

Aloha and Mahalo for visiting my blog! I started this blog as I began training for the 2010 Honolulu Marathon.. I have now met that goal!!! Thank you for taking this journey with me! 2 Timothy 4:7 "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith".

Sunday, December 5, 2010

7 days!!!

Oh my goodness...7 days left!!!!

My nerves are on high alert..I haven't slept well in 2 nights. I am filled with so many emotions and such amazement that the time is here. I am determined to just show up and leave it all there at the race! Looking back on these past 11 months I see so much that I have experienced and learned..all cherished treasures that will stay with me as I continue to grow. It's true when I say that the 18 months that have passed since Skip going home to the Lord..truly..feel like 18 minutes in my heart.

I have spent alot of time praying, wondering and hoping.. that what I do, the decisions and choices I have made, make Skip proud. I have second guessed myself many a time, causing the "analysis paralysis" to settle in around me, leaving me spinning in uncertainty. Thankfully, I have learned that trusting the Lord, my discernment and good council has allowed me to do just fine. :) I have also learned that some poor decisions can also be the best life lessons for the future...even if they were painfully learned!

Tomorrow I will run 3-4 miles and keep it easy and at the pace that we have set. Mondays have tended to be rougher run days as we rest on the weekends and I seem to start slower and get in a groove somewhere in the middle. It's our "last" Monday before the race! :) My heart just did a flip and my inner voice just shouted "hallelujah"!!!

I'm still completely unsure what will become of my "running career" after the Marathon. I toy with the idea of having a big bon fire and throwing my running shoes and all my running clothes in and watching them go up in a blaze! Or...will I take a brake and lace up my running shoes up after the holidays?? Truly, I don't know. It'll be fun to find out! Maybe I'll go for a run in my FINISHER t-shirt!!! :) It's definitely gonna be a new favorite added to my everyday wardrobe!

I'm working on my Marathon IPOD playlist. I've already got some blood pumping, get up and go must haves like, "Eye of the Tiger", "Let's get it started", "I'm a Survivor" and some bopping worship music that has already carried me thru some difficult miles. Any suggestions???

Gotta Run!

1 comment:

  1. "Restoration," by David Brymer; you can find it on itunes. Go Kimmie!

    ReplyDelete