2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

Aloha Friends!!!

Aloha and Mahalo for visiting my blog! I started this blog as I began training for the 2010 Honolulu Marathon.. I have now met that goal!!! Thank you for taking this journey with me! 2 Timothy 4:7 "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith".

Monday, December 6, 2010

6 days..yikes!

Today I ran 3 miles and as we went uphill and then back down I was...giddy! Carol and I talked about the training we have experienced together, the love/hate emotions I feel for her during that process. Hate is too strong a word..more like extremely pissed off when she runs circles around me telling me to "pick up my pace". When she yells for me to stop and replenish with water and I yell back, "NO!!"..even though I am soo thirsty!!! :) It's like I turn into a little bratty kid not wanting to give my big sister the satisfaction in being right!! Yet, when we reach our goal, when we finish the run we set out to do, in the time frame we set for ourselves, I am SO IN LOVE with her all over again!! The beautiful part is that she simply "gets it, gets me". She takes no offense when I give her my look that says if I could catch my breath to speak, I'd cuss you out..she just smiles and keeps the pace. I have no other friend like her in my life at this time, she has been truly given to me from the Lord at the precise time I needed her..and she feels the same about me. The talks we have had as we have covered countless miles, hours upon hours together..our treasures to us. She has seen inside of me and I her..our friendship will last beyond trainer and trainee, for that I am so grateful.

Carol never had the chance to meet Skip, she and her family entered my life after Skip went home to glory. Her husband is the State Farm Agent who came to Maui to take over our business. To say that I had no interest in befriending this family is an understatement..and yet it was God's plan that we meet, live on the same street, have children the same age who attended the same school..and of course they started to come to my church. People that I did not want to love..I deeply do. That is the curiousness and the wisdom of our Lord..and a glimpse of His sense of humor!

My mind creates stories, circumstances with somewhat predictable endings. I daydream and write my thoughts down and marvel at the work of my Father as I write..yet true life matters, such as the friendship between a woman from Alaska and a woman with a shattered heart, sound more unbelievable than fiction..but couldn't be more true! That is the working of our Lord!

With that said, let me tell you a story about a woman who experienced a day that would change her life forever, never allowing her to go back to what was familiar or routine ever again. She took a step at a time and walked for 3 months in her daze only to discover her health was compromised. Since that time, she has trained for a Marathon she will run in 6 days, she has spoke at several Women's Events, she has won a writing scholarship to attend a Writer's Conference, she has traveled, taken a cruise, witnessed her daughter turn 16yrs old and get her drivers license, bought a house and has welcomed over 30 friends into her new home since moving in on February 1st. This "story" couldn't have been born from imagination...only from the working of her Lord...our Lord...our Majestic and loving Father!

I sit in wonder and awe..looking out at the ocean, knowing He formed it and my heart, each with tender thought and care.

Gotta Run!

No comments:

Post a Comment