2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

Aloha Friends!!!

Aloha and Mahalo for visiting my blog! I started this blog as I began training for the 2010 Honolulu Marathon.. I have now met that goal!!! Thank you for taking this journey with me! 2 Timothy 4:7 "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith".

Monday, January 11, 2010

3 miles

Katie and I spent the weekend on Oahu and enjoyed spending time with family and friends. We went to a wedding while we were there.....my 1st since June. My 1st without Skip by my side. I had automatically said we would go, not thinking too much about it. As it drew nearer a dear friend asked me if I had any concerns about going, and if I did...I shouldn't feel obligated. It was deeply touching that a child of God would look out for my heart in such a tender way. I was told that I was the priority... to be honest, that confident statement directed at me, intended to wrap me up in love, did just that. It also gave me a true glimpse into how God's love, when given lavishly, is limitless.

I did go to the wedding, it was beautiful and perfect and right. The Bride was glowing and breathtaking as she smiled all night long...the Groom was strong and handsome, and seemed to grow into more of a confident Man with every passing minute, right before our eyes.

It did take me back 18yrs...and I was lost in a memory that I will cherish forever. Skip and I were standing together before the Pastor and we looked into each other's eyes for the first time....and for that moment...before we shared our vows....there was no one else in the room, just 2 young kids with no idea of what the future was to hold. With excitement and fear we promised ourselves to each other, and walked together. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat...ALL of it..pain, sorrow, grief, joy, passion, contentment and love..the journey was so worth it all! I am and will forever be thankful to our Lord for that love..... Cherish one another my friends, love lavishly!

I did experience a few moments of heartache thru out the night, but with a little help from my friends, those moments passed and laughter filled my lungs. Katie had a teary moment as just before we were leaving, they began the Father and daughter dance...the exact dance I was trying to avoid... She was rocked for a few moments and excused herself and asked to be alone. Ugh....all I wanted to do was run after her and fold her into my arms... but the Lord met her where she was at, and soon she emerged with glistening eyes and a smile on her face as she walked towards me. We held hands and looked into each others eyes and said nothing...and every word that went unspoken was heard by the both of us...and that was enough.

Today my goal was to walk 20x around the reservoir..that would equal 5 miles. My reality was I managed to walk around 12x. I began walking at 4:45pm and finished at 6:30. 2 hours..... I am content with the 3 miles today, it gave me a glimpse into the 5k coming at the end of this month. I now know I CAN walk 3 miles......and that is enough for me today. Kuuipo walked beside me and was a good sport as her dinner was late! :) We both entered the house ready for some nourishment and water.

I reached down and rubbed her ears and she immediately rolled onto her back and gave me full access to rub her belly....My opportunity to love lavishly! "Good girl, 'Po, we did it"!

Gotta Run!

3 comments:

  1. Kimmy, your words are beautiful and poignant. Thank you for encouraging all of us to love lavishly! And what a feat...three miles! You're awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kimmy, I think about you everyday and miss my friend so much. Keep going and I look forward to seeing you at the finish line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ROCK!!! You are amazing!! You are inspiring and encouraging!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete