2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

Aloha Friends!!!

Aloha and Mahalo for visiting my blog! I started this blog as I began training for the 2010 Honolulu Marathon.. I have now met that goal!!! Thank you for taking this journey with me! 2 Timothy 4:7 "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith".

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Lahaina 5k!!!!

So....I did it, I went to my first dance...and I LOVED it!! The excitement of the run kept me up last night, but it was useless to sleep as my mind was doing it's own racing! Who am I?? I laid in bed last night and wondered just that...

As for us all, the answer to that question can be different depending on our view at the moment. Last night, I was Skip's wife, a woman trying to live out loud and give her daughter some tangible hope amidst the chaos we have been navigating thru lately. I am also a daughter of the King, who trusts with every fiber of my being that He is directing my steps...no matter how awkward, no matter how hesitant...He moves me.

The 5k today was set oceanfront, our view was gorgeous and strengthening...in spite of all the different emotions that seemed to ebb and flow as we covered mile after mile...the ocean was steady...unchanging....constant. Regardless if I looked at it with excited eyes, or while taking gasping breaths, or when I jumped into it after finishing the 5k....it was constant. That simple fact brings great comfort to me..and today was no exception...our Father who created that vast ocean is my constant...refuge.

When I think I can't take another step, when the boxes I am packing to move to our new home seem too many and never ending...and filled with our life from another time...I take a deep breath of the air that sustains me. I put on my running shoes, I drive Katie to her activities, I fill my prescriptions, I read God's words and cling to His promises... and I remember that even when I don't know what's next...I can rest in the comfort of His constant provisions...that are more vast than the ocean!

Although my time of 43.08 was not record shattering to say the least, it was a start to this journey that I am excited to be apart of. There were Marathon runners there today that completed 26 miles in 90 minutes! People of all ages, young to young at heart were present and accounted for. So, rather than set my alarm for 8am and roll out of bed in time for a sip of coffee before church.....I got up at 5:30am and....showed up and danced!

Gotta Run!

8 comments:

  1. Awesome job Kim! I sooo wish I lived closer and could have walked/run with you. What a great experience, next to the ocean and everything. And your new place looks so great! Who cares about the time? I think how fast you went was incredible considering you haven't been at it for that long. I'm not sure I could go that fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep dancing, Kimmy! you are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it!!! You continue to inspire me like crazy!!! I am going to make it a point to go walking/jogging/panting (hehe) at least 3 times this week!!! (that's a big deal for me, haha!) I wish I would have done that 5k with you...but girl I know you would have left me behind in the dust anyways!! lol! I am so proud of you Kimmy, you are such an inspiration and encourager! Remember that we are here for you if you need any help with moving!!! Love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rock, Kimmy and I'm sooooo proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your first race! What a great achievement!

    Only one little thing, though. I don't know how any of the runners could do a marathon in 90 minutes since the World Record is over two hours.

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for all the love and support! Hal, maybe it was a half marathon?! :) I know there were marathon runners, half, 10k & 5k runners... I also know that it wasn't easy to swallow when runners age 60+ passed me....talk about sparking desire! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at that 'finishers' smile !!! And think that someday we will look in His face as He says well done. Love across the miles. So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know that getting passed by 60+ feeling. I had an OLD lady in front of me the last time I did the Disneyland 1/2 marathon and I was determined to finish ahead of her even if I had to knock her into the bushes. I managed the strength and will to beat her without knocking her down but it was tough. Of course, I had a friend of mine finish a 5K behind a guy with a CANE. Now that's humbling.

    Keep with it and soon you be up there with the 50 year olds!

    ReplyDelete