2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

Aloha Friends!!!

Aloha and Mahalo for visiting my blog! I started this blog as I began training for the 2010 Honolulu Marathon.. I have now met that goal!!! Thank you for taking this journey with me! 2 Timothy 4:7 "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith".

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Zumba!.

So today was a day of cross training. This apparently means I will do alternate activities to assist with my stamina for running. Today's activity was ZUMBA Class. I had never heard of it before and was unsure of participating.....it started at 6:30pm and I had been out all day......shouldn't I just go home, spend the evening with Katie? Maybe I should rest and save my energy for my run tomorrow...the plan is to do 2 miles and run at least one of them! Anyways.....you get the picture.....I am up for ANY EXCUSE to not attend this class. However, with the Lord whispering in my ear, "I'll be there"...I find myself in the car driving to ZUMBA.

The only way to describe this class is aerobics, salsa, cardio and mambo all together...on steroids. With about 4 different instructors interchanging in the course of this hour...with about 30 other women.....all less intimidated and way more uninhibited than this chick! :) I spent half my time trying to keep up with all the moves and the other half trying to stop my brain from thinking and being ridiculously aware of the painful fact that I am not a graceful gal. :) This war in my head was truly a private one....everyone there did not care if I didn't know the steps...they did not make me feel like, "who's the new kid??", or even remotely unwelcoming...the instructors even checked on me at the end of class and asked how I liked it. The only one aware of me....was ME. My lesson learned......"Kimmy, stop worrying about what others may be thinking about you, and just simply press into the journey I have for you". It doesn't matter if I am huffing and puffing trying to attempt to run/walk around my neighborhood with my dog, or if I am huffing and puffing from swinging my hips and step ball changing......these activities will all be a part of the foundation I am building! So, once again I swallow my pride, and jump in.

Oh yeah, Did I mention I got some proper running shoes, some socks, some sassy shorts and tank tops, and even an amazing sports bra??? I am invested..and excited.. and.....very, very SCARED!!

Lord, thank you for the smiles that crossed my face tonight as I fumbled thru ZUMBA...thank you for the shoes that I will wear for the 1st time tomorrow, shoes that will prayerfully tell stories of many hikes, runs, walks and training exercises to come in this next year. My shoes and I, we are new friends now.....but we hold the promise and hope of a great relationship of endurance!

Oh yes, and thank you for my friend, my Trainer, My sister in Christ, who made sure I not only went to the dance.....but DANCED!!! :)

Gotta Run!

2 comments:

  1. YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!! :) You must look sooooo cute in those sassy shorts doing the Zumba! ;) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about you when I read this article yesterday.

    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB40001424052748704350304574638331243027174.html

    Your excitement in contagious. I think I may just start doing more running this year myself in addition to my hiking adventures.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete