2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

Aloha Friends!!!

Aloha and Mahalo for visiting my blog! I started this blog as I began training for the 2010 Honolulu Marathon.. I have now met that goal!!! Thank you for taking this journey with me! 2 Timothy 4:7 "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith".

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Uphill....

Wow, hills are humbling!!!! Carol and I went walking today for 2 miles and 1 mile was uphill. Ohmygosh......I felt it in every muscle as I pressed onward and upward. Carol called it a subtle incline....and I gave her a "look" that said, "friend, seriously?!"... :) Taking our time, we focused on my arms and keeping them loose, making sure that my walking form, posture, breathing were good, trying to not create and keep bad habits. Truly, all that sounds good....but the bottom line seems to be to just keep moving!!

When we finally turned to come down I got the best reward ever.....an amazing view of the blues of the ocean....so breathtaking! Walking downhill looking at the ocean and seeing God's beauty and BIGNESS was awesome. The fact that we were walking in my new neighborhood was also special. In just a few weeks, we will be living in our new home and I will be able to sit on my lanai and watch the whales breech and splash and be mesmerized by the vastness of the ocean, such a special calming scene. Today, as my cousin was working on the house, taking the carpet out and laying hardwood floors, I sat on the lanai and could feel Skip beside me. He would have loved this house....our home. Katie and I look forward to unpacking our family pictures and paintings and surrounding ourselves with our special memories. As we look to the Lord for guidance and clarity, we know He moves us into each day, allowing us to make new memories that touch the deepest part of our hearts.

I read My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers every morning as one of my devotionals. Today's and yesterday's were about being alone with God....allowing Him access to our soul when we take the time to be alone with Him, giving Him our lives once again and listening.....being still....sitting quietly, waiting to receive His hearts purpose for us. As I was praying on my lanai, looking out into the ocean, I felt the Lord blowing across my face, enveloping me in His comfort, letting me know that I am home.....and He is beside me always. Always. Always. Always. Thank you for that comfort! So, uphill we go! steady breathing...left foot, right foot.... We also did some weight lifting.....apparently 3 lbs weights are sufficient for this chick!! :) It's all good....today 3 pounds......tomorrow...well, tomorrow...another hill!!!

Gotta Run!

3 comments:

  1. Yea!! I am first to comment. Know that even if there are no comments, the Lord
    Sees your heart and hears your words. You are running the race, precious friend – wow !!!
    You are faith-full,, fearless and also pretty funny . Hope and hugs across the world- TBFF, Danita.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kimmy...uphill??? Wheeeew!!! Again you amaze me with your progress and all that you are doing!! Everytime I think of you and your "goal" and this "race" ahead I think of this bible verse....
    "I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us" (Phil 3:14) some of the versions say "I press on to reach the goal"
    I LOVE reading your blog...it's encouraging and like I told you before inspiring, makes me want to get out and run right now! Thank you for sharing your heart with us about your new home and your special feeling of Skip being right there beside you. I will never ever forget how his face would light us EVERYTIME he spoke about you and Katie...I knew you before I ever met you! I love you both! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to say light UP everytime...not light us.

    ReplyDelete