2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

Aloha Friends!!!

Aloha and Mahalo for visiting my blog! I started this blog as I began training for the 2010 Honolulu Marathon.. I have now met that goal!!! Thank you for taking this journey with me! 2 Timothy 4:7 "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith".

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Psalm 18:32-36

Psalm 18:32-36

32 It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.

12 days....I started walking/jogging 12 days ago! The Lord has given me His strength for most of my life....in this endeavor to run this Marathon..the Lord has SHOWN His strength in me these last 12 days. I have no illusions, my abilities that have grown from 3x around the track...to 15 as of today..is only Him. That improvement is empowering and I look forward to so much more as I walk/jog this journey with Him beside me.

33 He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights.

I'm thinking of writing this verse on my shoes.....maybe I will run faster with God's words literally lifting me up!!!! There is always such a "Christmas morning best present" feeling when you come across a verse that speaks to you so personally at just the time you needed to know that TODAY....was already known to Him! Thank you Lord for making me important to You!

34 He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

I huffed and puffed with every lifting of those puny 3 pound weights...and they just got heavier and heavier!!! Lord, allow me to truly grow physically stronger as I press on and grasp a deeper understanding of what You are preparing me for!

35 You give me your shield of victory, and your right hand sustains me; you stoop down to make me great.

Father, I envision You beside me every step I take...I know my life is not this Marathon....yet You provide protection for me while I strive for it...this goal that seems ridiculously insane....yet has truly given me something tangible to share with Katie as she watches my progress. When I am empty...emotionally tapped, physically exhausted....I feel You stoop down near me...wipe the tears from my face....pick me up and yes.....make ME, absolutely nothing....GREAT in my daughter's eyes!

36 You broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn.

Because You planted this desire in my heart...this desire to run.....You and only You can broaden the path beneath me. Lord, please let Your strength, when You decide I need it, to NOT allow my ankles to turn....You are my strength!


Today was a day filled with errands and list checking.....yet I wanted to recap as I needed a little perspective about where I am and where I am going. 12 days...12 days of walking, jogging, breathing, eating healthier, drinking water rather than coke...12 days of sheer horrific fear regarding my deepest thoughts about this goal! I needed a clearer perspective in order to appreciate where I began.

I constantly want to share these moments with Skip..to turn to him and smile and wink and say, "Babe, can you believe what I'm doing??!!"....he's always with me, and I do feel him....and I am thankful for that. It is a gift to have been so deeply loved...not perfect love, but deeply loved..and I pray what I do...what I say...what I write...will be my gift back to the Lord for loving me so lavishly that He chose such a partner for me.....

Gotta Run!

1 comment:

  1. Wow girl 15x???!!!! Amazing!! Thank you for sharing these scriptures and your prayer to our Heavenly Daddy! Wishing Skip was here to share it with you...but knowing you will see him again and be able to tell him all about how awesome you did at the marathon!! :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete