2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

Aloha Friends!!!

Aloha and Mahalo for visiting my blog! I started this blog as I began training for the 2010 Honolulu Marathon.. I have now met that goal!!! Thank you for taking this journey with me! 2 Timothy 4:7 "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith".

Friday, January 8, 2010

Registered!

I took a bite out of the "whole enchilada" today and registered for my 1st Run. It's a Marathon on Maui, but it has several runs you could do in the Marathon.....so, I picked the 5k!!! It's a walk/run that is oceanfront, so if anything, I'll take a nice walk/jog and get beautiful scenery too! :) This should help with getting my feet a little wet and giving me a tiny piece of understanding of things to come. It's on 1/24/2010, so in 2 weeks!! Lord, calm my heart as this poser runner/walker/jogger goes to her first dance!! :)

I walked a mile and jogged a mile today....still doing the 2 lapse of walking then 1 lap of jogging...but the point is I did it. I don't think anyone is more surprised than me, yet each time I get my shoes on and have that beautiful music playing in my ears.....combined with the music my feet are slowly making.....something happens to me. Yes......exhaustion, nausea, perspiration......but there is also a glimmer of.....peace..relaxation...hope...and yes,..calm. Thoughts that keep me up at night start to fall away as I look around me and notice the beauty of the sky, the smell of the flowers as I pass, making yet another lap...and the happiness in Kuuipo's eyes as she trots with me....or even slowly walks when I do. She misses Skip too...she was also one of "Skip's girls", along with Katie and I. Our relationship, mine and Kuuipo's is a new development....I always tolerated her...she was his dog, I just shared space with her. :) When I could look past my hurts, I noticed her sad expression and realized she too was confused. The first time I reached down to pet her, she gave me a look that pretty much said..."She's petting me? Something is definitely off..". Slowly, we have become friends, I rub her ears, her belly and I talk with her, letting her know we will figure it out together. Now, she goes to bed when I do...gets up from where she lays when I get up..greets me at the door when I come home...she has accepted me as her back-up. I am slowly opening my heart to this dog that..only a few months ago, was just something that I walked over or muttered about as I vacuumed up all her hair!

So, it was only right that my 1st picture of me in my running duds....included my running partner, my new friend. "I'll love you the best I can 'Po, I miss him too"!

Gotta Run!

2 comments:

  1. **with tears falling** Kimmy you continue to inspire me with your amazing'ness!! You are so amazing..you really are! I love your story about your new found relationship with Kuuipo, my heart was heavy even for her who misses her "daddy". Again thank you so much for sharing your journey and your heart. I get so excited each day to read your new entry! I love the picture of you and "Po"... you are as gorgeous as ever! You totally look like a runner! With so much love and prayers! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimmy, I love the picture of you and Po. You are both so beautiful and your love and trust in each other is heart-warming. You are truly an inspiration and you've got ME walkin'!!!

    love you so much, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete