2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

2010 Honolulu Marathon

Aloha Friends!!!

Aloha and Mahalo for visiting my blog! I started this blog as I began training for the 2010 Honolulu Marathon.. I have now met that goal!!! Thank you for taking this journey with me! 2 Timothy 4:7 "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith".

Saturday, January 2, 2010

January 2, 2010

Hello!

With nervousness in my heart I am beginning this blog to keep me on task and accountable for the ultimate goal in mind.......to run in the next Honolulu Marathon!!!!!! Yikes, just to type it makes my palms sweat!!

I am not a runner. I am not a exercise enthusiast. I don't even walk my dog everyday. However, that is all about to change as I press into this journey of running the marathon. Why? So glad you asked!..........

On June 26, 2009, my best friend, my partner in crime, my dear husband, Skip Barraco went home to be with the Lord. He was enjoying a beautiful day of surfing on Oahu and the Lord called him home. We have been learning how to live without his presence for 6 months, and no, it hasn't gotten easier, yet we know our Lord and Savior is in complete control and we are not. If this is the journey the Lord has called me to, He will move and guide me thru the uncertainties ahead. In September, I was told that my Breast Cancer from 6yrs ago had returned and now has traveled into both of my lungs. I say this to share my story and ask that you pray for my daughter and myself as we look up for guidance, reassurance and comfort.

With that said, I want to run in the next Honolulu Marathon to show myself and my precious daughter that my strength comes from the Lord and I will fight to live in every moment He chooses for me to live in.

Running. It has always been something that "looked" appealing when I watched others do it, from the comfort of my couch, car seat or park bench...but with my health as it is, I am implementing changes to my diet and now exercise....what a goal to work towards!

Katie girl, as you live..... I pray you see me live, love, and be actively about my Fathers' business. If you watch me when I think you are not......please see God in me, and know He carries me into each moment.

"Gotta Run"

5 comments:

  1. Kimmy every time I read something you write, I cry!!! You have such a way with words and with sharing your heart and your all out love for our amazing Lord!! I am so excited for you and this new journey to the "Honolulu Marathon"!! I will be watching you along the way as you build up your endurance to make it to and complete the marathon! I totally know you will succeed!! You go girl!! Love you! xoxo
    Lori Ignacio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimmy,

    I'm looking forward to following your endeavor and I'll keep you in my prayers.

    Hal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimmy Kimmy Kimmy...i just love saying your name! Good hearing your voice this morning and just know how much we all love you! Love and Prayers, Aunty Patty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kimmy,

    What a light you are shining for Him. I am so proud of you and honored to know you. How exciting to embark on this new adventure that is totally for HIM. Looking forward to following you on this 26.2 mile adventure. Just remember, left, right, left, right. Love you Kimmy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kimmy,

    You are such a LIGHT and I am always blessed by your words, descriptions, perceptions... but most of all, by your FAITH!

    Keep on keepin' on, my Friend. You inspire me.

    This scripture comes to mind: Isaiah 6:8 -- Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send Me!"

    I hear you joyously shouting SEND ME! :)

    Prayerfully with you, Kimmy!

    Lin
    (Linda Awana)

    ReplyDelete